Characteristics of Haidong Gumdo
December 7, 2006 by parksmartialarts
- Haidong Gumdo is a martial art that the entire family up to 3 generations can practice together regardless of age or gender.
- Haidong Gumdo is a traditional based martial art reflecting the magnificence of the ancient Korean kingdom that ruled over eastern Asia.
- You can manage emergency situations or counter violence with the self-defense principles and training of Haidong Gumdo.
- The precision needed in learning the sword art of Haidong Gumdo increases the practitioner’s level of concentration above most other martial disciplines.
- Ultimately Haidong Gumdo can assist you in overcoming your physical, mental and spiritual challenges.
- For example, practicing Haidong Gumdo techniques provides increased physical health and fitness for the entire body. Things such as, cardiovascular fitness, muscle strength, muscle endurance, flexibility, speed, agility, power, reaction time, and a sense of balance. It also includes special breathing drills that facilitate uncommon strength, calmness and clarity.
- Haidong Gumdo helps students to challenge, discipline and nourish their minds. Through progressing techniques and curriculum study the student attains the ability to adapt to change and cope with adversity in a healthy fulfilling way.
- Spiritual related values found in Haidong deal with improving those intangible but necessary principles we need to live a healthy and complete personal and social life. Some of these values cultivated in Gumdo are discipline, moral character, confidence, self worth, patriotism, filial piety, faithfulness and even those ideals of excellence as representative in the concepts of royalty.
- Haidong Gumdo is an international martial art that has a million plus active practitioners in 50 countries.